2 lbs (900g) ground turkey
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, chopped
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
1 tablespoon grated or shredded parmesan, for garnish
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional (we used Sriracha)
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
3 clove garlic, minced
1. How to make this baked turkey meatballs recipe: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine ground turkey, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, onion powder, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed chili pepper flakes in a large salad bowl. Use a cookie scoop to form the turkey meatballs all the same size and arrange the turkey meatballs in the baking dish.
3. Bake your turkey meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the baked turkey meatballs from the oven and drain the excess fat with a spoon, if necessary.
4. In the meantime, make garlic butter herb sauce: melt butter in the microwave by 30 seconds increments, until completely melted. Add lemon juice, chopped parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, minced garlic, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the melted butter and stir well.
5. Drizzle the baked turkey meatballs with the garlic butter herb sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan if you like. Return the turkey meatballs in the oven and finish baking for 5 to 10 minutes, making sure not to dry up the meatballs.
6. Remove from the oven and serve the baked turkey meatballs with a side salad or over cauliflower rice as pictured.
One Reply to “Baked Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce”
Looks good, going to try