- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces (250 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or use reduced fat cream or evaporated milk*
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to your tastes
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch cornflour mixed with 2 teaspoons of water (OPTIONAL FOR A THICKER SAUCE)
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
Melt butter in a large (over 12-inch or 30 cm) oven proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add in mushrooms, salt and pepper (to your tastes), and parsley. Cook while stirring occasionally until soft. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing your chicken.
Pat breasts dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and dried parsley. Rub each piece to evenly coat in seasoning.