5 eggs (yolk separated from whites)
70g (5tbsps) brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp red food colouring (crimson pink)
80g (6tbsps) castor sugar
2g baking powder
60g (7tbsps + 1/2 tbsp) golden cloud wheat flour
1. In bowl using an electric hand mixer beat egg yolk, brown sugar & salt until light and foamy. Add the food colouring & mix. Set aside
2. I’m another bowl beat egg whites for 30seconds. Add the castor sugar gradually & mix until soft peak.
3. Add about 1/4 cup of the egg yolk mixture to the egg white mixture & fold the mixture in using a spatula.
4. Now add the whole egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and fold in with a spatula.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the mixture. Fold in the flour using a spatula.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan, tap the pan on the counter to get rid of air bubbles.
7. Bake for 25-30min on a preheated oven of 160.
8. Cut a parchment paper & lay it on the kitchen counter and sprinkle with icing sugar. Once the cake comes out of the oven, immediately invert it onto the parchment paper. Peel off the parchment paper then, starting with the narrow end, begin rolling the cake up with the parchment paper. Do this slowly and gently coz the cake it’s still warm.
9. Allow the cake to cool completely rolled up in the parchment paper.
10. Gently and slowly unroll the cake. Flatten it out and spread the cream evenly on top. Gently and slowly roll the cake back up, without the parchment paper this time. Make sure you’re rolling it tightly.
11. Decorate the top however you want & refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
FOR THE CREAM:
1 cup cream
1/2 icing sugar
Beat the cream until soft peak form while adding the icing sugar gradually. Refrigerate it for 30min before spreading onto ur cake