- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 4-6 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 yellow onion cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into ½-inch pieces
- 15 ounces canned pinto or black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water only as needed
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef, sprinkling it with the spices as it cooks. When the meat has cooked about halfway through, about 4 minutes, add the onions and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Drain any excess grease and add the bell peppers. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the peppers begin to soften. Add the beans and stir to combine.
Continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes to warm the beans. Serve over rice or in taco shells.