- 6tablespoons unsalted butter, more for waffle iron
- 2cups/240 grams all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon/15 grams sugar
- 1teaspoon/8 grams baking powder
- 1teaspoon/5 grams fine sea salt
- ½teaspoon/3 grams baking soda
- 1cup plain yogurt (or see note)
- 1cup milk
- 4large eggs
Melt butter either on the stove or in the microwave. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, melted butter, and eggs. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Preheat a waffle iron and, using a pastry brush or paper towel, lightly coat with butter. Cook waffles (using about ½ cup batter per waffle) until golden and crisp. Butter the iron in between batches as needed. Serve waffles immediately as they are ready, or keep them warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.