• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsp garlic minced
• 400 g whole white mushrooms washed and dried
• 1/4 cup cream cheese cut into small cubes
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup heavy cream 33%
• 1 tbsp italian seasoning
• 1/2 tsp dry ground oregano
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 tbsp fresh chipped parsley
In a large 12 inch frying pan cook together butter, olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender. This should be about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and add in cream cheese and cook until cream cheese has melted.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add in parmesan cheese, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley before serving.