- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Creole seasoning (see note 1)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Start out by heating olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add sausage slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are nicely browned on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add in butter and once melted add onion, celery and bell peppers. Cook until they start to soften up.
- Add in garlic and tomato paste. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes, stock, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, bay leaves, parsley, Creole seasoning, thyme and pepper. Stir well and simmer until the sauce thickens up, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cooked sausage. Cook until shrimp are cooked, 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.
One Reply to “Shrimp Creole with Sausage”
This is my favorite dish to eat and prepy