- 10 ounces dry lo mein noodles, OR dry spaghetti works too
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots shreds
- 1/2 cup snow peas or snap peas
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
For the sauce (Double recipe for extra saucy noodles)
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 – 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce – to taste
In a large bowl, whisk your sauce ingredients together until well combined and set aside.
Cook the noodles/spaghetti according to package, Drain and set aside as well.
In a large non stick saute pan/wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium high-heat.
Add chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper, mix and cook until browned on both sides, roughly 5 minutes or so, set aside.
Add remaining oil to same pan/wok, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for about 45 seconds, then add in the red peppers, carrots, spinach & snow peas, then cook and additional 2 minutes, until tender.
Add in your drained noodles and the cooked chicken back into the same pan.
Pour the sauce over noodles and toss WELL using tongs, making sure its completely coated.
Turn the heat to a high temp to allow sauce to heat up and properly thicken
feel free to add more water slowly if sauce is too thick.
Toss again once more and sprinkle with green onions – serve immediately