- 1 (8-9 pound) Pork Loin
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Traeger Chicken/Pork Rub
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- In the morning, mix up the marinade: apple juice, honey, brown sugar, Traeger rub, pepper and oregano, in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Trim fat from pork loin, and using a sharp knife score the loin going about 1/4 inch deep, and 1 inch apart. Repeat going the opposite way.
- Place the loin in a deep pan, and pour the marinade over the loin. Refrigerate for 3 hours, flipping the loins half way through marinading.
- Using Mesquite pellets, Preheat smoker to 225 degrees for 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Place loin directly on the grates and smoke until the internal temperature of the meat is 145 degrees. (about 2 hours)
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
My pork loin started out as one big loin, but after de-frosting it, it broke into two pieces.
Reduce the marinade for smaller portions of pork.