Skip to content
- 1 jar of dried beef slices rinsed well & chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 cups milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Bread toasted
- Rinse the slices of dried beef really well – they are VERY salty! Once you have rinsed well, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Chop the beef into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in the large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and pinch of cayenne pepper to the melted butter and whisk until well combined and cooked through, about 45 seconds.
- Very slowly add the milk while whisking continually.
- Once the milk has all been added, add the chopped dried beef.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until thickened.
- Taste and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Serve on top of dry toast immediately. Enjoy.