-1 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
-1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
-1 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground cardamom
-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 pound phyllo dough, thawed
-2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
-2 teaspoons orange blossom water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
3. Working quickly, layer 8-10 sheets of phyllo dough in the baking pan, brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter.
4. Spread the nut mixture over the phyllo in an even layer.
5. Top the nut mixture with 8-10 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each sheet lightly with melted butter. Top with an additional pat of butter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Let cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with orange blossom water.
8. Slice and serve.