Skip to content
- 2 lbs chicken – boneless skinless thighs or breasts
- 1 packet (1 oz) Ranch seasoning
- 2 (8oz) blocks cream cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, diced
Crock pot method
- Add chicken and chicken broth into crock pot. Sprinkle ranch seasoning all over the chicken. Place cream cheese cubes over everything evenly. Close the lid and cook 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 on low.
- Cook the bacon crisp and crumble it to use later.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove lid and shred the chicken in crock pot itself with the help of 2 forks.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bacon. Replace lid and cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with diced scallion and serve.
Instant pot method
- Add chopped bacon to the instant pot and set to SAUTE mode. Cook until crisp and brown. Remove bacon and any extra fat.
- Add in chicken broth, chicken and ranch seasoning. Secure lid. Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Switch IP to SAUTE mode again. Stir in cream cheese. Mix well till it melts. Add in shredded cheese and bacon and cook till cheddar melts.
- Switch off the IP. Garnish it with diced scallions