Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 8oz Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olives (green, black or mixed)
- 1 15.5oz can chick peas, drained
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 9-10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika + more for seasoning chicken
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Add chicken to skillet and brown 6-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Add chorizo to skillet and brown 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Add diced tomatoes, chick peas, olives, raisins, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Nestle the chicken (skin side up) and chorizo into the mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken reads 185-190°F with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.