• Large pack of chicken drumsticks (usually at least a 14-16 pack)
• 1 8oz can tomato sauce
• 1 yellow onion (chopped)
• 6 large garlic cloves (minced)
• Bunch of washed fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
• 4-5 zucchini’s (washed, cut off ends, and cut up in circles)
• 4 corn on the cobs snapped or cut in half
• 1 head of cabbage (washed, cut out the core, and cut into bunches)
• Start by adding water to a LARGE pot. I don’t measure the water but about a little over half the pot.
You’re going to want to get it to coke to a boil and then turn it down to a low simmer.
• Add the drumsticks, onion, garlic, and salt. Once the top starts to foam, skim the top carefully to make sure you don’t take out the tiny garlic pieces.
Add the whole 8oz can of tomato sauce and gently stir. Let simmer for 45 minutes.
• READ ALSO: Best Ever Beef Stew
• Now add a couple of spoonfuls of the chicken bouillon. Stir gently.
Taste for salt and if needed more chicken bouillon. This is going to be to your liking on the control of salt.
• Add all the veggies, including the cilantro. I use the whole bunch of chopped cilantro but we love cilantro.
Add the cilantro to your liking or opt-out if you don’t like cilantro. I don’t recommend though.
• READ ALSO: Fideo Soup
• Let simmer on low for about another 30 minutes.
• It’s ready to serve. Drizzle on top your fav hot sauce. I use Valentina.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice.
Also, dip your tortilla chips or crumble some in. Or warm corn tortillas dipped in. Delish.
• This is so comforting!
• Enjoy !!